Saturday, October 2, 2010

These boots were made for walking










Fall is definitely here and with it comes the rain and ensuing puddles. My one-year old has discovered these with delight. We too are thrilled that he is hopping and splashing. Just a few weeks ago we removed his leg-cast (perhaps fodder for another blog) and thus we are overjoyed that he is walking well and enjoying the drizzly weather. The resulting soggy shoes however, are not so appealing.


Off we went to find some rain boots. I was armed with a fist full of loonies and my boy with his bottle. We went to five (!) stores, ones you would recognize. Did we find boots for boys?? Ha! There were lovely boots for wee girls: pink, and yellow ones, ones with Dora, and others with Barbie. Where were the cute boots for boys?? "Sold out" was the answer.


In desperation, we finally went to a childrens' shoe store. Did they have rain boots for boys?? Oh yes they did..well sort of, two models, and only one that fit Sir Liam. I was relieved, no more wet socks and cold feet, until I went to pay. My fist full of cash simply wasn't sufficient. The total came to $50! (that's $25/boot). This sum for an accessory that will last, at most, six months.

Given this, perhaps we will consider introducing our little man to the possibilities of cross-dressing.

3 comments:

  1. Well, at least he has some entomology under his belt, before he starts on cross-dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah! I feel your sticker-shock pain. With twins it can be doubly ouchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I feel your pain Chris! He better wear those boots until he can no longer fit his little feet into them and his toes are completely pressed up against the front! I was just at the Gap buying my 11 year old jeans. Of course as she no longer fits into the Gap Kids jeans we had to buy her ladies jeans. Only 59 euros! So what's that $80.00??? She better not grow either! And wear those jeans until they are completely worn out!

    ReplyDelete